Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer virus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jecht
Genin
Jecht

Male Character Age : 18
Ryo : 7000

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 am

My laptop is infected dont know how long it will last il be gone for a day or two, who knows
Back to top Go down
Sora
Chūnin
Sora

Character Age : 16
Ryo : 9204

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:00 am

Nonsense, i'll fix her right up
Back to top Go down
Neru
Genin
Neru

Male Character Age : 22
Ryo : 12000

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 am

Ok here's what happened, in my point of view. But before that, I fixed it (I don't even know how I did it, all I did was log in on safe mode and deleted it than scanned my computer for anymore viruses, not sure if it's gone for good so I'll be sending it to my dad's friend)

I was surfing the web and encountered En.******* (For the people who already know the site, you know it's best to stay away) and was surfing on it before I hit on the IRC chat.

It didn't work, so I closed it, went to watch an episode of Futurama on watchcartoon. I had a tab open for Urban dictionary with the definition about En. ******.

Strangely enough I landed on one that said the IRC is filled with hackers and spam bots that can infect your computer if you try to go there, you'll need an ip blocker to get on there.

I didn't think much of it at first, since I hadn't logged in or anything, but I did visit the site. I went to watch the futurama ep and was given another virus about Internet Explorer (last time I'm using this piece of fucking shit) and then a virus came that said I must close internet explorer to continue, I did and suddenly there was this program about a System Scan Anti-virus, I went to task manager and it didn't allow me to use it.

I first thought when did I install a System Scan Anti-virus, after a few clicks I stopped, and closed it, went to search for the program through install/uninstall programs in control panel and it wasn't there.

I then went to the desktop and clicked opened the file location of the shortcut, somewhere in my Program Data.

I tried deleting it, it replicated itself. Then I was certain that so called "Anti Virus" was the virus. I closed my wlan and quick powered off my laptop by holding the button. I then logged in on Safe mode and deleted it from there.

In short; my computer got a virus in years, deleted it through experimentation and now I'm going to get it checked just in case. Oh and Internet Explorer sucks balls.

Trivia: google chrome.exe was also affected with a trojan. Firefox it is now. And not panicking helped me alot.

Sorry about the OP, I just wanted to type a message quickly before I had to shut it down

and sorry for the scare, if anyone was lol
Back to top Go down
Sora
Chūnin
Sora

Character Age : 16
Ryo : 9204

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:54 am

good stuff
Back to top Go down
Neo
Sabakukage
Neo

Male Character Age : 28
Ryo : 20000

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Lol Seems legit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer virus   Computer virus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer virus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Province of Legends :: NPLRP :: Introductions & Departures :: Departures-
Jump to: