Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drinking to the Past (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

Male Character Age : 34
Ryo : 5300

Drinking to the Past (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 pm

I had only been here in this world of the shinobi for a few months, and already I had found countless events that needed the help of someone with my talents. There was this group of people called the Raksaka that were said to worship a demon and were responsible for destroying several villages, which was obviously the most important out of the things I had found out about. And then, these Chuunin Exams started, which were some kind of tournament\test thing that proved younger shinobi as being worthy to be given higher ranks, which didn't make much sense to me because even the higher ranking ones looked about the same age as the lower ranked ones. Well, in the exams, I noticed a couple of blokes using some kind of body-transformation techniques that seemed to grant them a crazy amount of power. The full-body tattoo that accompanied this power looked like something I had seen in one of my books, which meant it was probably demonic AND, in my opinion, dishonorable to use in such a test of strength. I would need to look more into that one, as well as learn more about the Raksaka, but for now, I needed a drink.

With all of these corrupt shinobi plaguing the streets of this samurai village, I had been reminded about how much I missed the simple days of fighting in the war. Just samurai against samurai, it was hard to find someone that wasn't as honorable as me. Back in those days, it was much simpler, and now these gods-or-whatever expected me to go on a demon hunt? It was too much, I tell ya.

By the end of my mental rant, I had already downed a bottle of whiskey, and I started feeling just a bit belligerent.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

Character Age : 15
Ryo : 22403

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:25 pm

As I made my way back to the apartment I had more or less stolen from my student I heard a familiar groan, a groan that should have been impossible in this world. I quickly got into action to follow the sound until I found him, sitting there with a bottle of whiskey in his hand like the old days. However, I was more confused as to how this was possible or if he was just someone that looked similar so I would need to test him. Making my way to his side I snatched the bottle from him and gave it a sniff, "Seems a tad strong for such a lightweight, you sure Im not looking at the world's ugliest woman?" If this was in fact Shogun I had no doubt he would attempt to swing at my face which I prepared myself to duck under.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 am

The alchohol began to set in, and my hatred for the world that was inherently beneath my feet became ever apparent. I was just about to growl at the bartender to throw me another when I was stopped. Some asshole grabbed what was left of my drink out of my hand, and then had the nerve to call me a woman. I turned around, my eyebrows angled downward and the rest of my face beginning to scowl and contort with anger, and said, "Big talk for someone wearing a dress." I grunted as I turned back around to the bar and beckoned for another drink. "Be the bigger man, Shogun. Don't knock out this one."
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 am

I rolled the bottle across the bar to barkeep as I sighed, he hadnt taken the bait but there was one more test that couldnt fail especially if he was as drunk as he seemed. "I leaned on the bar and once again prepared fora punch to the face as I whispered in his ear, "What's the matter angel, don't like looking like an ugly little girl?"
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 am

My anger flared, and I couldn't contain myself. Even when I'm sober, my anger is extremely difficult to control, but get at least one drop of alchohol in me, and there's no stopping it. I was actually shocked I held it out for as long as I did, but no longer. The markings on my arm lit up into a bright red color and my eyes changes into one bright shade of red as well as I screamed, "That's it, punk!" and turned around with a 100mph punch fueled by rage that flew forward at the face of the ass-hat that was taunting me.

Spoiler:

220/250
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 am

As he swung at me I flipped my hand up with the speed I would normally use in a sword fight, this time however my blade would stay at my waist as an empty hand caught Shogun's fist. Even so the force of the punch sent me flying back a few feet. I dusted myself off as I walked back to him, "Now then, is that any way to greet the only guy who can stand being around your drunk ass? You dirty whore."

240/250
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 am

I was caught by surprise that the man was able to block such a punch, but then I quickly realized why. In fact, he was the ONLY man able to block such a punch. The anger slowly sizzled down and my eyes flickered back to their normal colour as I lowered my sunglasses to get a better look at him. I grunted, huffed, and turned back to the bar and again motioned for a whiskey. "You're a real dick, you know that?" I said over my shoulder, the alchohol in my system forcing me not to care about this reunion that was decades in the making.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 am

I chuckled and held up two fingers to the barkeep who sent each of us a bottle, I grabbed mine and swung it about as I talked dramatically. "Hey bud nice to see you to, hey quick question didn't I last see you in a parallel dimension or something?" I then opened my drink and started gulping it down as I waited for him to probably respond in angry grunts or something.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 am

"Yeah well," I responded a bit more casually than I probably should have, "Something about killing demons or other," I said just before swigging the last bit of my next whiskey down. After I slammed the bottle of jack down into the bar, I pounded my other fist into the bar, splintering it a bit and saying in a harshly raspy voice, "This shit sucks. It's nothing like back home," I said in regard to the drinks, "Although, I bet you were just as surprised as I to find a village such as this in a tainted world."
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 am

I chuckled a bit, "So you got the same deal as me, great." And I had to agree, the alcohol in this world was a tad weak for our taste which is why he should be happy with what I had. "Yeah, honorable samurai rather than the damned shinobi, seems we are the minority now. But check this out real quick." I took the gourd out from my belt and popped the cork to hold it under his nose, he would be able to recognize the scent of the sake from our home world.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:24 pm

As I took a quick whiff of the gourd that was waved underneath my nose, a smile crossed my face. "You didn't.. you didn't learn how to brew that did you?" I asked Shinobu, almost begging for him to let me try it. It had been too long since I had had a good drink, and I mean a good drink. This bar was about to not welcome my company anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 pm

I smiled deviously, "Oh I did, first thing I did after trying this actually." As I said this I would shake around the whiskey bottle before replacing it to the bar and shoving the gourd into Shogun's hand. This night was about to get fairly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Before stopping to consider the consequences, I threw the gourd back and chugged it all down. I felt it burn as it slid to the back of my throat and down into my stomach, and its effects began almost immediately. My head started to fade and my eyesight swirled, and my anger turned into more anger. "Fuck this shinobi world for not presenting me with this magical drink sooner! Haha! Shin, my old man, get me another!" I yelled to seemingly everyone in the bar with slurred speech.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:28 am

I chuckled as I felt at my belt for another bottle, without looking at it I handed the first one I handled to him. Had I inspected it I may have given a second thought as the gourd he now held was Ogre Killer, a special brand of sake that was strong enough to even get him drunk off his ass. Things would be fun if nothing else now that he would make a complete fool of himself.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

I was smacked in the face with a wave of uncontrollable drunkenness washed over me. The world around me was spinning in several different directions, and I couldn't tell who was actually there and who was a figment of my drunken imagination. "Well, I'm definitely drunk," is what I meant to say to Shinobu, but what came out was more like, "Welllp, Ungrrrah!" I then tripped over a bar stool on my way to start dancing, but then popped back up with a rage at the inanimate barstool. I picked it up, and threw it through the nearest window (I think?) and then turned back towards Shinobu.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Luckily I had been around him enough to understand how to translate drunk, apparently was aware of his intoxication which was impressive since normally drinking Ogre killer would just make someone black out all together. He picked up a stool and threw it at the window, his drunkenness showed as it hit the wall several feet away and fell to the floor. He then looked at me as I chuckled, "You never could handle the big boy stuff."
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

This night was going terribly for me, and after several more whiskeys and a bit more of the Ogre Killer, I was ranting and raving in a speech that was barely passable as English to my buddy Shinobu who had had a few shots of the Ogre Killer by now as well. I grab a pen out of my back pocket and a napkin, and on the napkin I drew was resembled a very poor oval, and then showed it to Shinobu. I said only two, slurred words, and those words would pave the way for the next couple years worth of my adventure on this shinobi plane, and those words as I lifted up the napkin to show Shin the shape was: "Pirate ship."
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

I was fairly shit faced at this point as well and looked at the drawing my friend had made. I rubbed my chin as I thought about it, he had said pirate ship but currently between my beer goggles and his drunken attempt at art I saw something completely different. I shook my head and pointed with my finger on the napkin. "No, egg roll."
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Confused, I set back down the napkin on the bar and pondered over it. After awhile, my drunked expression of thinking turned to one that resembled a presidential figure in another dimension that was satisfied with an outcome of some sort ( :notbad: ). But then I took the pen again, and drew a crooked line out of the top of the oval and added a disproportionate triangle onto the side of it. "There, pirate ship," I said as I struggled to find him with my vision once more and nearly shoved it into his face. "We'll be pirates and live free from the restraints of the corrupt shinobi!" is what I meant to say, but what ended up coming out was a subtle, "Fuck ninja!" At which everyone in the bar stood up and said "Aye!" I began laughing uncontrollably and fell off the stool.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm

I looked at it again and could almost see a ship, almost. Though that was enough for me to go with it since I was distracted by him declaring fuck ninja to which I responded, "Fuck ninja, damned bloody shinobi thinking they could best us." One man who had been sitting in a corner got up and took off his cloak to reveal a ninja flak jacket, he didn't seem to pleased by our exclamations and showed that by punching my in the face. I got up and looked him over for a second before once more shouting, "FUCK NINJA!" I then punched him hard enough to send him flying through a table which alerted the rest of his team to go on the offensive. Ninja and samurai were fist fighting like cats and dogs in the bar and I was loving it.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
Genin
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I didn't really know what happened next, other than me beginning the ludicrous fighting style that me and Shinobu had called the Drunken Fist that can only be mastered by veteran drunks like myself. In a blur of movement that my brain was lagging too far behind to understand, I did obscure bends and rolls and jabs, taking out a few of the ninja at a time. They must have been guards in with the Kage to protect their leaders and Genin that were in the Exams. It doesn't matter in a fight though, especially in a fight of the drunk persuasion. After taking out a couple, I flipped a table onto its side and sat hard onto the ground behind it, letting out a howl and a laugh. I loved fights, especially bar fights. I pulled out my flask and took a swig before hoisting myself back onto my feet. I tried to leap over the table, but I caught both feet on it and fell on my face, laughing all the while. As I clamoured to get back up, a pretty buff guy stood over top of me and went to punch me in the head, but I caught his hand and squeezed. As I felt the popping of knuckles and small finger bones within my grasp, the man's face went white and he fell off of me in shock. I stood up and looked around for Shinobu; I wondered how he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

One of the shinobi that I had pissed off approached me and pulled a kunai out, a woman standing next to me said, "Just give him what he wants Shin, he's got a knife." I cocked my head and looked at the pitiful thing as I pulled out my katana, "Thats not a knife, this is a knife." I used my blade to make a single strike, help from the crane style made it so that the man's flak jacket was ripped to shreds before I replaced the weapon at my side, laughing as he tried to run away. I grabbed him and slid him across the bar to smash his head on a keg. I looked around and saw Shogun and gave a drunk smile and a thumbs up, from the flipped tables it looked like he had been busy as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinking to the Past (Open)   Drinking to the Past (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drinking to the Past (Open)
Page 1 of 1