Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rake: Chapter 2 (Mission)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tsukai
Chūnin
Tsukai

Male Character Age : 17
Ryo : 10750

The Rake: Chapter 2 (Mission) Empty
PostSubject: The Rake: Chapter 2 (Mission)   The Rake: Chapter 2 (Mission) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:41 pm

It has been some time since my last mission dealing with the Rake. The next mission that I am taking on is a follow up mission. I was told that based off of the info I had gathered from the victims, I needed to head towards the library in the Gray District to find out some more info. “This should be an easy one and should take no time at all.” I was fond of visiting the library quite often to just look around and read whatever book looked promising. Lately I had been studying about the Bijuu named Nanabi; hoping that I could somehow provide assistance to this battle by perhaps taking away a Bijuu from an Empire Province…before they do instead. Anyways, today I was to specifically gather more info about this Rake creature. The way that I go to the Library takes me usually 7-8minutes by walking. I found myself in a fast walking pace because deep down inside of me, I knew I would have to put an end to this Rake so that Oichi and her son Lee could go through life without worry. Not just those two, but as well as the other families that I visited too. In my faster pace, it only took me roughly 5 minutes instead. I walked inside and, as usual, was greeted with a long persisting silence. I gave a little smile and made and made my way towards one of the bookshelves. I wasn’t sure what I needed to look for, so I just decided to make a long search for any books that might dive details about the Rake. The first book I spotted was a book about the history Chikagakure. That could work. I pulled it out from the shelf and held it in my right arm. I made my way towards the next shelf and gave another search. No luck there. I moved onto the next and was able to find a book that may be useful. It looked older than some of the other books and when I pulled it out, the title read, Animal Species that Inhabit Chikagakure. Perfect, this should definitely tell me something about it. I too put the book under the same arm that was holding up my previous book. I went throughout the rest of the library and was able to find a few books that may provide some use to me. I found a few that were journals of travelers and people who were able to travel to the deepest parts of the mountain that we live in. I took my books back and got to my favorite place in the back of the library. I opened up the book on the history of the village and found an index in the back of it. I went through it looking for anything that contained the word ‘rake’ in it. No luck, so I decided to look in the area of building the village. It wasn’t until the last few paragraphs of the chapter that I came across something. It was an account written by one of the workers. It said, “It has only been a few months and now we are coming across problems. It wasn’t until we had made a few miles out of the tunnels that we have encountered an enemy. There are hordes of humanoid creatures that look like the spawn of the demons themselves. They are as tall as a man but have a slight hunch, with claws that appear to have been surgically applied.” I skipped around the page until I found yet another account only this time by a scientist. It read, “…these creatures seem to be very sensitive to light, that is why our workers encountered them in the farthest and darkest spots in the tunnels. We are very grateful for our Yamakage to capture one and give it to us to be put under research. As stated before, they have no way of seeing in lighted areas and stick to the shadows. We have built a course for the creature to roam around so we may be an account of its abilities.” The next part of the account wasn’t dated five days later. “…after many hours of studying, the creature appears to show astounding skills in speed and in movement. The claws that have been attached to their wrists are made out of steel and allowed the creature to climb to great heights. We are not sure why or how, but it seems that the mind of the creature can function similar to our minds. Meaning, it is able to understand and communicate with its friends to perform ambushes. It might be even able to understand logic.” The last bit of the account is then dated three months earlier by a civilian who witnessed a hoard of creatures that ransacked the whole science building. It is later stated that none of the scientists were found alive. So, the creatures are that of a man and have the capability to understand and make things out like humans. The reason why it comes out at night is because it is use to living in the darkness of the tunnels, making its eyes not use to the light. One would have to either wait for night or to even risk going into the tunnels. But my next question is this, is there still more out there or is this the last one? I put the book away and pulled out the next one, the one that talked about the animals that inhabited Chikagakure. I went towards the index but surprisingly, found nothing. They must not have thought the Rake to be a creature. What is it then? Well, at least I have some information about this creature. It is starting to get late; I should probably head back and report of my mission. I got up quickly and went to put my books on the return shelf. After that, I made my way out of the library, occasionally looking around just to see if anything was stalking around.
Back to top Go down

The Rake: Chapter 2 (Mission)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Province of Legends :: Mountain Province :: Chikagakure: Village Hidden Underground :: Spire :: The Grey District-
Jump to: